Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Meet Emily

Hi! My name is Emily and that up there is my family. Before there was my family there was that one fateful day at Texas A&M when Jenn and I met for the first time as potluck roomies living in FHK (you Aggies know). There was a moment, a brief second when we both stared at each other wondering if we would fall into the category of "worst roommate" stories. Turns out she was the best roommate for 4 years and also my polar opposite (disciplined, studious, had her life together, etc). We would have no idea that the next 10+ years would be full of classes, practical jokes, tears, laugh to tears, vacations, roomies again after college, weddings, and now babies. But I'm sure we will walk down memory lane a time or two here on this blog. 
(2003. Speaking of memory lane, our first picture together for our first fightin texas Aggie football game on our first dorm room balcony.)

(2007 washed up college grads)

Back to my family. RD and I met in Dallas playing frisbee. Fell in love and married in Austin on a warm December day in 2011. We moved to Madison, Wisconsin the summer of 2012 where RD works as a teaching pastor. On New Years Day of 2014 we met our identical twin daughters Maisie and Camille. (I'll go ahead and answer your curiosity- yes they were a spontaneous surprise, yes we can tell them apart.) I am a stay at home mom. Before my new career as Sherpa to Maisie and Camille, I put my marketing degree to good use in the business world. I worked at a small start up company in Dallas for three years that resembled The Office and then did one year of marketing in Madison before the twins were born. Once the twins are a little older, I look forward to volunteering in low income communities with women and children. My dream would be to start a program like GAIA Empowered Women

(Beky Smith Photography)

Hope you enjoy reading whatever it is that ends up on this blog. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment