Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Reunion City: Population Us


Hellooooo Knox! Sit down, let me know you how me and your mother met...


When the twins were just 6 weeks old Jenn made the long journey to Wisconsin in the dead of winter to meet Maisie and Camille. She diagnosed them with acid reflux and taught me that bouncing on an exercise ball probably wasn't the most helpful for their sensitive tummies. I also let her know that babies don't care if you are hungry at 6pm and she should really think long and hard before her and John decide to have a baby. It was a quiet ride taking Jenn to the airport to return home. Well a month later they found out they were pregnant and a little over a year later I finally got to meet my best friends baby.

(Not pictured is 4 feet of snow outside.) (Also not pictured is the other 5 days because let's just say we spent a lot of time in separate rooms with noise-canceling headphones.)


After just a few days with the little guy, I can say he's the sweetest, chubbiest, smiliest, and smartest little guy! I just love him! (Sleep regression an all.) Jenn and John are amazing parents who make him smile and he just adores them even though Abby is definitely #1 in his heart despite the lack of reciprocation. It's funny because Jenn kind of gave me the impression that he was fussy and "had struggles", but he must have known I might be his future mother-in-law one day (arranged marriage!!!) because Knox was on his varsity game.

He smiles at EVERYTHING but laughs at very little, as a recovering people pleaser it was my mission to make him laugh and I'm happy to report that mission was accomplished but not without a lot of work. While I didn't get a lot of laughs, his thirty different variations of a smile sure were heart melt worthy. 

Bye girls I'll be home soon!! 

Jessica was technically the first to make him laugh. Sidenote love you Jess!!

The kid can not get enough of Abby. But Abby moderately interested at best.

But he sure does love his momma! Who doesn't? 

Marni and I got our frappy hour on and we trademarked the phrase "frappy hour". Love you Marn-Marn, come visit the motherland region of the country soon??

Group pictures. Just as unorganized as the college days just add babies.
Love Baby Walsh #2 making a guest appearance. :) 

Margaritas. Best friend. And Mexican. Is there anything better? 

Conclusion: there is not. 

Goodbye farmer baby, I love you! 

I'm back girls! Which of you wants to settle down with a nice farmer boy in a land called Dallas? 

Until next time Texas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment