Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Twins 1st Birthday Party: Winter Wonderland


Happy 1st Birthday Maisie and Camille! After we survived "The Days Which Shall Not Be Named", I began thinking about the girls 1st birthday party. It was a hard year, a blur of a year, and a beautiful year. While I'm not quite ready to re-live it, I did want to live it up at their first birthday party!

 I like planning parties, but I'm a not a perfectionist and easily distractable so this isn't your pinterest perfect party, but our family friends were there so it was our perfect Winter Wonderland for our New Year's Day birthday babes! I like to get my craft on, so months before the birthday I started doing little bit here and there during nap time. Great creative outlet and reminded me of how much I need those. It was a toss up between "Winter Wonderland" (or One-derland if you wanna be cute) and "The Wonders" (As in, I *wonder* what happened to the O'Needers?).  But because we live in Wisconsin I thought a Winter Wonderland would be fitting. 

Photos by Beky Smith Photography and I'm linking up with my favorite blog in all the land, www.twintalkblog.com. 

Without further ado, our babies Winter Wonderland 1st Birthday Party!

The Decor


(I snapped the next four photos before guests arrived)

The other stars of the snow were the edible snowy pinecone snacks. "I can't believe these don't have any calories!??" -Michael Scott (Recipe here)





The Birthday Babes
My mom made the girls dresses. She has a lot of talents (including Cute Little Cakes) and these dresses were exactly what I envisioned, whimsical and classic and wintery. Thanks mom :)








What's a first birthday without a cake smash??




Happy 1st Birthday Maisie and Camille! We love you through and through.

Next morning, the party never ends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment